This episode discuss how ridiculous it is to expect the same amount of game wealth, ability, skill what not and your playing far less?
How is it the developers/uper managements fault if your game experience is hurt by your sense of perception of fun?
Keeping up with the Joneses in game is a self inflicted illness!
Reaping the Benefits is hosting another charity Rpg event for Child’s play Charities, the 27th annual hunger games RPG event will be this November 2012. Applications for tributes will be accepted until Oct 31st.
Reaping the Benefit
OverZealous studios is not giving up despite not getting the financial backing from their kickstarter event. They now have a shop where you can buy your copy of Wisp and or donate to their company.
Over Zealous Studios opens shop
Fernando Paiz Producer letter- Many think this is all fluff and added no answers to things like finishing Prestige enhancements and the enhancement over haul that is supposed to happen this year: Fernando Paiz Producer Letter
Arm Chair developer- Need a can of raid for all those bugs.
Seriously how can these game companies feel good about adding expansions and new DLC’s when there are still bugs chewing up their established content?
Now onto the Show
Show runtime: 55mins 24 seconds
Kal here with a short cast this week but full of more emotion then I have shown in a long time. I talk about an experience I had on Sarlona with a teen who was going threw a personal crisis. And how humans tend to focus on such insignificant things until something tragic happens. I also talk about my week in gaming, gaming news such as Star Wars the Old Republic going free to play and more goodies. I promise the next show will get back to its normal pace but I really felt I had to say what I did and it got personal and deep.
- STWOR Goes Free to playAs the article ask is this a sign of the nail in the p2p coffin?
- Baldur’s Gate Enhanced video 2 from Crass- Another fine edition of “In the head of the Langolier” I love this series some funny stuff and great memories of a fun game.
- Guild Wars 2 Is every one and their mama about to play this game?
- My review of the Walking Dead Facebook game- You all know how I feel about social network games but I was kinda surprised by this one. Still hate you Zynga! I also talk about The Walking dead issue 100 yes spoilers for the few of you living under a rock who did not read the issue yet.
All in all a good fun show tune in but be prepared I really open up in this cast.
Now onto the Show:
Hello peeps this week I talk about setting the high bar in games and why more companies need to take a note from indie developers. Maybe needing a game to be the difference between eating and not being evicted would light a fire under these fat cats to understand that we want better quality games. I also talk about my week in gaming, gaming news-brought to you by End Gamers Magazine. I talk about DDO of course and other games that I have been playing, including the Hunger Games RPG charity event for child’s play which was a blast! I also have an arm char developer segment Fashion Deva needed, Does your game suffer from need better armoritis? Trust me if you know the pains of ugly looking gear you’ll feel my arm chair developer segment. On top of that I personally thank people who have been keeping me going with this show and others your support have made it possible to keep going strong. Thank you!
Links from the show:
- Big news for Baldur’s Gate Fans: Be on the look out for Baldur’s Gate Enhanced, Crass from End Gamers Magazine has a funny nostalgic recap of the game here: In the head of the Langolier and talks about the announcement of the revamped relaunch of this classic D20 series.
- Riders of Rohan Lotro’s Paid expansion: Lord of the Rings online is coming up with its next major expansion revolving around the war steeds of Rohan, enjoy mounted combat and other amazing goodies- Riders of Rohan Expansion
- The Art of Sport- Top 10 sports games: This is a must read for those into sports games, up to number 9 which our writer picks Mario Kart for its a fun read see if you agree with his line up so far- The Art of Sports
- Wisp by Over Zealous Studios: What is Wisp? Why its a up and coming platform game that has me freaking addicted just from the demo. The fine guys and gals at Over Zealous allowed me to review this game and are looking for backers on kickstarter to get his game fully launched. Yours truly will be kicking in because it is just that awesome of a game. You can enjoy a video and webcomic detailing all about Wisp here- Wisp’s Kickstarter page They have some amazing incentives for those who donate to. For a review of the demo you can head here- My Review of the Demo
- End gamers first giveaway: Congrats to Mr. Ernst Seidel winner of the first giveaway for the magazine. He received a copy of the game Stay Dead. When I can I will inform listeners to the Den about contests from the Magazine! Stay Dead review
- Reaping The Benefits childs play event: The winner is Miss Ceicly Bell, see all the highlights and drama and if you have it in you sling a donation their way we raised 534 dollar but you can still contribute, I plan on making one to district 6 *wink* it all goes to a really great cause Childs Play Charity. Check out the stream here: ReapingtheBenefits Charity RPG Games
Now onto the Show:
Yeah this topic is about cry babies, my week in working, My fun in the new expansion for ddo: Menace of the Underdark: http://underdark.ddo.com/ and what I see as people who like to whine for no reason. Yes there are bugs there are bugs with every game. Yes sometimes they even nerf things we like, but the way the cry babies have been lately you would think games are complete unstable messes and this is my call for them to cut it out! I talk about gaming news and the Walking Dead which issue #100 comes out tomorrow. So yes I get a bit geeky or even more then usual for a bit. But then I take a chunk out of the hides of the cry babies, so settle down and tune in if you dare
- Stumbled across this while looking for the latest news and got a laugh- Artwork for game boxes from the 80s, man people back then were on some hard drugs, half naked women, ninjas on bikes with katanas fighting dogs and playing golf o.o no lie the 80s were a weird time just remember the hair and shoulder pads *shudders* Amazingly weird classic video game box art
- Iphone/smart phone users embrace the weird games: Weird-Iphone games Great for commuting if your smart phone allows it (glares at my android).
- The secret world throwing down the developer gauntlet: though I am skeptical about them being able to do this maybe I will be proven wrong, monthly content releases are nothing to sniff lightly at. It takes a lot of hard work to do stuff like this. I wish them luck- Secret world to release monthly content updates
- And Yahoo news decided to just in time for the Walking Dead issue 100 launch show off homes that are build for a zombie apocalypse fortification. Most of these are in the millions of dollar range, screw that noise when the apocalypse comes I’ll just take whatever fort I need!- Anti Zombie strongholds for sale
Now onto the show:
Posted in Uncategorized
Tagged Constructive critisim, Critiques, DDO, DDO Forums, Gaming, issue 100, Kalari, Manga Raiders, Menace ofthe Underdark, News, Podcasts, STWOR, The Walking Dead, Trolls, Whiners, Zombie apocaylpse
Hey folks I had a blast the last few weeks, turned 35 been playing the heck out of the new UnderDark expansion, but noticed it has been awhile since the last cast. With doing work for End Gamers and Manga Raiders it does cut into time for this show but I have not forgotten about it. This is just a short cast to recap the latest things going on for me, including a little bit of Pug Drama. I’ll be back to my normal format with the next episode Enjoy!
Now onto the show:
Tired of games, movies, music all wallowing in the same entertainment stagnation. I talk about the lack of fresh themes for such. The over usage of other popular mediums and worlds to make new games and movies that seem stale and bland. The hype behind trying to bring in fan bases behind such and how it bites people in the rear doing so. I am all fired up to kick off a revolution, for gamers who are tired of WOW clones and re-skinned re-polished turds being released as the newest hyped up games! Join in but beware I am all fired up!
Links from the News segment:
E3 is coming this June- Several big name developers will be showcasing demos and gadgets at this years E3. Click on the link for details.
Square Enix launches Final Fantasy game for iOS and Android phones- New game or rehash of other game already launched in Japan last year? Who knows? Who cares?
Lord of the rings MOBA-Warner Bros. Monolith Studios and Xbox live are launching this fighter like game featuring your favorite middle earth icons as guardians while you and your friends go head to head in five on five action..um yay? /sigh.
Just Sayin’- My opinions column for End Gamers Magazine.
Dc is outing major character-To me its Pandering and not in a good way.
Arm chair Developer- Using indie artists to make a dynamic game..Though would they still be indie if they are Mainstream..? What a conundrum.
Now onto the show:
Show Run time: 54 min 40 sec
This show I talk about what it means to beta tests, the highs and lows of such, the frustrations with NDA’s vs the joy of knowing I am helping fix things before they go live. I talk about my experiences with browser based beta testing and what I hope for the future of such tests.
Halo 4 Limited edition release: Halo Junkies rejoice the 100 dollar Limited edition is being released and this version comes with Multiplay option. The $100 package gets you a fancy box, a “UNSC Infinity Briefing Packet,” and a host of in-game bonuses, expanding the multiplayer experience.- Halo 4 Limited Edition Release
Those of you anxiously waiting for Devil’s Third maybe in for disappointment: As the game company THQ is looking to sell off this title deeming that it does not fit the publisher’s profitability profile.- THQ looks to sell Devil’s Third
Obsidan delays South Park: The Stick of Truth till 2013: Recent layoffs and financial trouble are rumored to be the blame for this delay. Initial release date was projected for the Second Quarter of 2012 and is now being pushed back to sometime next year.- South Park game delayed till 2013
Manga fans who own Xbox 360′s rejoice: The game company launches Manga app, which enables users to view full length episodes, movies and clips from the Manga Entertainment catalog.-Xbox 360 Manga App
*Special thanks to Joystiq for the articles!*
End Gamers Magazine Launch: The online Gaming Magazine that focuses on the Gaming community at large is launching and looking for writers and talent. The community is ever expanding if you want to be in the know for gaming news around the world from New releases to whats hot Retro wise join the End Gamers Forums.End Gamers Magazine
Ive been a busy little bee some of my likes and dislikes in the latest bout of gaming.
Arm chair developer: If I must change my UI give my curmudgeons the option to keep their old style because older players don’t like change.
Now onto the show:
show run time: 34m 24secs
Yes folks I have returned to the shores of Storm Reach/Ebberron/ Soon to be Forgotten Realms. I broke down and returned as a premium player to Dungeons and Dragons online. This episode is free flowing no set news or other topics just a rundown of the things that kept me busy this month and some new projects I am proud to be apart of. Next cast will go back to my normal format but today I just wanted to chillax and talk about all the things that have been going on. So hope you enjoy!
A haven for gamers of all genders but mostly for girls
The End Gamers MagazineNewly launched this will be the best online source of various gaming news and opinions.
End gamers ForumsJoin our growing community of gamers share your fun and experiences.
Manga Raiders Are you a budding writer or artists and are looking for a community to showcase your work or ideas? Look no further then Manga Raiders a growing community of artists who encourage each other’s skills and abilities. **And coming soon the MR podcast!**
Now onto the show:
I had a show idea planned still plan on doing it to talk about the browser based mmo’s I have been beta testing. But I went back to DDO last week and been trying to catch up with everything. So I will be talking about my come back to that game as a premium player and the fun Ive had relearning everything. Things are finally settling down here so a new cast will be coming soon I promise. I know I said it wouldn’t go a month again but I’ll make sure to make the wait worth it with the next cast.
In this episode I talk about my best friend and our approach to gaming. How we met and our goal to find a game we can play together and enjoy. I also have gaming news, a rant on idiots with archaic views on females and talk about the various games I’ve tried the last few weeks. Tune in for the fun.
News segment links:
Xbox shooting to become ultimate home entertainment system and succeeding-Xbox360 is fast in moving to be the gaming system that will make most of your other home electronics obsolete, it has shown a recent rise in the number of entertainment apps used by its client base.
Sony disables certain features for its Vita/Playstation 3- They say its to prevent hackers from exploiting weaknesses but it chalks up to paying customers not being able to re download obscure games that I feel if your going to bother paying for you should have the right to re download if needed.
Playstation introduces free to play action console games- In an effort to boost good will after a horrible year Playstation is trying its hand at free to play action console games for its PSN members. My take on this: It’s not gonna help you much Sony get your act together!
Nintendo 3DS owners get a visit from Nintendo America’s CEO- The president of Nintendo America for the 1 year anniversary of the release of their latest hand held console surprised owners with a virtual visit. Still not enough for me to drop the dough for a 3DS *hugs my DSXL*
Mass Effect 3 the disappointment without spoilers my take on the Mass effect 3 controversy. Games that advertise as “The choices you make effect your over all game play” should freaking stick to that. Not dump on it then offer later on an alternative to their screw up. Just saying. I guess people will have to buy an add on to get better closure what a rip.
Martha Steward becomes apart of CastlevilleNeed anymore proof Zynga is evil? Well Homemaking diva Martha Steward is now on board allowing her likeness and her NY home to be used in CastleVille another in a long line of Ville games from that wacky developer Zynga. Like I needed any more reason to avoid Facebook games.
Zynga insiders offering 12 dollar stocks- Investors this maybe a prime opportunity. I consider the Zynga CEO the next mega villain (he seriously reminds me of a classic comic book villain) And lets face it the drones play those ville games like no tomorrow. If you have the means to jump on this deal grab it.
No armchair developer this week but next show it will be back!
Now onto the show:
Runtime: 1hr 9m 31s