Kal’s Den Year End Special

Hey everyone 2011 is almost over and I wanted to say thank you to everyone who tuned into the den and all who braved my attempt at a podcast by granting me interviews with them. I am looking forward to 2012 and continuing to podcast for mmosmacktalk, and this show is a reflection of the fun its been so far. I have special guests that I interviewed for this show as well so hope you all enjoy.

Episode highlights

0:00-10:27- Opening segment

10:27-18:59- Weird gaming news

Links:

Froggy gets tired of game sprite teases wants real flies dammit!:Frog rage baby

Rift Account Database Hacked, personal info compromised yet cc info seems safe. This is just another victim of the massive amounts of hacking in 2011 or the Year of the Hack as I’m calling it. Many game companies have felt the pressure to act on this since it leaves many customers with sour tastes in their mouths:Rift accounts hacked

Sony trying to cover its ass against class action suits but gets bit on it instead. Never underestimate people with time on their hands to read the TOS:Sony TOS lawsuit

Want to toast the New Years gamer style? Six epic drinks modeled after 2011 top games:Drinks for the New Year

Lessah returns and so does DDO Cocktail Hour yay, new episode is up here: Episode 60 Merry Festivult

Special thanks to 1up and the Guardian UK for these hilarious stories.

18:59-48:22- Highlights of 2011. Past interview highlights with various guests.

48:22- 56:35- Armchair developer “If I had a Marketplace.”

56:35-1:14:03- Interview with Kobay

1:14:03-1:23:47-
wrap up with special guest

Now onto the show:

Listen
Download

Show Run Time- 1h 23mins 47s

About kalari

I am a 35 year old single mother mmo gamer chick who loves power and a little role play. I like to talk about the goings on in the mmo world and now work for End gamers magazine as a journalist for the gaming community. http://www.end-gamers.com/
This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to Kal’s Den Year End Special

1. Kobay says:

Happy New Years Kal!!! :D

Again, was fun talking with you! We gotta get you on my show in the future. ;)

2. kalari says:

:) Definitely Kobay that was a blast :) And any time you name it and i’ll make it on to talk it up with ya.

3. Ryan says:

RE dev armchair… made me laugh – “somebody will play the game for you so that you can go to work and brag on the forums all day…” (that was a paraphrase)

• Kalari says:

Hehe glad you like that I know I can be anti cash shops but I guess I’m just anti halfhearted cash shops. If your going to put one in make them worth spending money in :)

4. Ryan says:

Leapsters are awesome for children, especially because they are so sturdy. My children brutalize those things, and they’re still working.

• Kalari says:

heck yeah if James leapster could talk it would bitch about being thrown around having sticky thing stuck to it lol and cool I hope to hear your take on cash shops. I noticed games like DCU are still trying to figure out what they want to sell while games like DDO are trying hard to sell a little bit of everything. I say just go hog wild or dont do them trying to hold onto integrity ends up making people annoyed anyway.

5. Yak says:

@Kal I admit for a long time I was unable to listen to your cast, when it was just focused on DDO. It made me feel when I was casting about DDO and all the hatred and pain that came with it. It was weird because it gave me flash backs, kinda scary. I loved this episode and the highlights from the guests. I was glad to see that some people were able to good people in the DDO community a I was not. That is another story. Keep up the good work and now I will have to listen to your show more since it is not DDO focused. Just remember that the dark side of the force has cookies.

• Kalari says:

I wont lie Yak leaving DDO was very hard for me ya dont spend four years in a game and just walk away. I think I left behind a lot of nice people but I realized the game was becoming toxic to me. Everything I enjoyed about the game has changed or in the process of doing so, I felt as if paying money for it was a waste something I hadnt ever had issue with. I knew it was time to go when I didn’t even feel like trolling the boards anymore. I petitioned for communication I think they are at least doing that and I wish the game well I just knew it was time to move on. I will always have tidbits if any major news happens to the game but I wanted to leave with good memories and I have a ton of those glad that came threw in the interview mixed. I am really looking forward to trying new games this year and hehe I like cookies swtor is on the list of games I will be giving a shot to soon. Just have to get it together.

6. Yak says:

@Kal Me and Gespenst should come on your show some time to answer questions and talk about SWTOR, and such. Might be fun to open your audience to another MMO.

• Kalari says:

I would love that :) Its been awhile since we got together to talk it up hopefully this year will change all that to. Id love to have you both on to talk about swtor for real.